The Alexander Architectural Archives at the University of Texas at Austin is an architectural research center of national importance. As a unit of the University of Texas Libraries within the Architecture and Planning Library, the Archives support research and education about the history of the built environment by acquiring and preserving research collections and by making them accessible. The Archives also support learning opportunities and scholarly activities for students studying preservation of the cultural record and archival enterprise.
Professor Hugo Leipziger-Pearce (1902-1998), established the Community and Regional Planning Program at the University of Texas at Austin, and worked as an independent planning consultant in Texas and Germany. In this collection, correspondence, job files, printed material, maps, photographs, and audiovisual items chronicle the urban planning and academic careers of Hugo Leipziger-Pearce.
This collection holds a series of scanned documents culled from original source material, and their associated metadata, relating to the history of Battle Hall, the only academic building on the University of Texas - Austin campus to be listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The documents date from the early twentieth century to the present.